By enrolling, you accept the following RULES governing our private Italian and Japanese lessons:
- Lessons are given to either individuals or groups of up to 3 people. Groups should be organized by our clients themselves, prior to their enrolment, with persons of similar levels of Italian.
- One “hour of lesson” lasts 55 minutes, and the minimum number of “hours of lesson” to be taken within any given “four-week term” is 4.
- Lessons are available from 9:00 to 12:55 and from 3:00 pm to 6:55 pm from Mondays to Fridays, and from 9:00 to 12:55 on Saturdays (see the timetable at the end of the enrolment form).
In principle, lessons will be held always on the same days of the week and at the same time.
You can choose the days of the week and the hours that suit you best by marking the time table in the enrolment form, and we’ll try our best to satisfy your request, although this is subject to availability and you may be asked to accept some modifications.
Your draft schedule becomes your final schedule only after we have received your deposit and after it has been confirmed by us in a written form (see”HOW TO ENROL“).
ABOUT THE RE-SCHEDULING OF LESSONS, “NO-SHOWS” and CANCELLATIONS
Should you be unable to come to a lesson on the appointed day or at the appointed time, please tell us as soon as possible, by telephone, message on our answering machine, or fax.
Please do not cancel or ask to re-schedule lessons by e-mail, as we shall not consider such notification as valid.
HOW TO RE-SCHEDULE A LESSON
- Should you be unable to attend a lesson, provided that you inform the AZ Language Services office two business days before the lesson by 7:00 pm, you are allowed to make up for it on another day, within the 4-week term it belongs to, at no additional charge: we call this a “re-scheduling”.For example: if you are scheduled to have a lesson on Friday the 26th of March, and you cannot attend that lesson, in order to re-schedule it, you should inform the AZ Language Services office by telephone, message on our answering machine, or fax by 7:00 p.m.of Wednesday the 24th of March. Our tel. & fax number is: 055 -47 51 52PLEASE NOTE THAT:
A lesson can only be re-scheduled by shifting the lesson to another day within the 4-week term it belongs to. The AZ Language Services office shall offer you to re-schedule it for days and hours during which the teacher is available and that haven’t yet been reserved by other students; but if these days and hours do not fit in with your available time, and, as a consequence, the re-scheduling cannot be arranged within the 4-week term the lesson belongs to, the lesson shall not be shifted to the following 4-week term: in such a case the lesson shall be considered as cancelled, and no refund shall be issued for it.The re-scheduling of lessons can only be arranged if you contact us two business days before the lesson, by 7:00 pm: Sundays and national or city holidays shall not be counted as “business days”.
- Special case: RE-SCHEDULING LESSONS PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED FOR MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS:
To re-schedule a lesson which is due to be held on a Monday or on a Tuesday, you should ask the AZ Language Services office by 1:00 p.m. of the previous Friday; for example, to re-schedule a lesson previously scheduled for Monday the 22nd of March, you should ask the AZ Language Services office by 1:00 p.m. of Friday the 19th of March, by telephone, message on our answering machine or fax message. Our tel. & fax number is: 055 – 47 51 52.
“NO-SHOWS” and CANCELLATIONS
General principle: If you do not inform, by the above stated deadlines, the AZ Language Services office that you cannot come to the lesson, or you simply do not show up at the appointed time on the appointed day, you will be charged the full fee for the lesson.
If you do not show up at the time appointed for the lesson, the teacher, after waiting for 45 minutes without your showing up, and without the AZ Language Services office receiving a telephone call or a faxmessage from you, shall be free to leave the AZ Language Services’premises, and you will still be charged for one hour of lesson, or for two or more hours if you have booked two or more consecutivehours, and, just as in the case of cancellations, we shall notreschedule the lesson nor shall we refund the lesson’s fee.
If you fail to notify, by the above stated deadlines, the AZ Language Services office that you cannot come to the lesson, that means you are CANCELLING the lesson, that is, you shall have to pay the full fee for it. Yet, you are expected to call the AZ Language Services office as soon as you realize that you will not be able to attend the lesson, to let us know, as a matter of politeness.
RE-SCHEDULINGOF LESSONS, CANCELLATION OF LESSONS, AND “NO-SHOWS” IN THE CASE OF GROUPS
All the above written rules about the re-scheduling and cancellation of lessons apply to groups as well; but in the case of groups each member of the group should contact us to tell us that he or she cannot come to a lesson; we can re-schedule the lesson only if all the members of the group have chosen the same day and hours as the day and hours they want the lesson to be shifted to.
The whole fee for the whole group shall be charged for each hour of lesson when only one or only some of the group’s members have informed the AZ Language Services office, no matter how long inadvance, that they are not going to attend the lesson.
Likewise, the whole fee for the whole group shall be charged for each hour of lesson when the whole group doesn’t show up at the appointed time.
To enrol, get the pdf version of these rules, print it out, sign it and send it to us, by fax (or scanned, as e-mail attachment) together with the enrolment form.